I was sitting here staring at my blog, trying to decide what to write about to keep up my Gratitude Blogging Month. As I stared, my eyes focused in on the 6 Be's accessory. As some of you may know, my favorite of President Hinckley's "Be's" is not one of the original 6, but rather one of the 9 he included in his book. Be Still. To me there is such power in those two words. It never seems to fail that when I actually take the time to be still - which to me means time to listen, time to ponder, and the time to look around beyond myself at the world He has created - when I take the time to be still I am rewarded. I am rewarded with the ability to feel the spirit just a little bit more easily, to be just a little more patient, to be just a little more peaceful. When I think about the daily to do list, or about the things going on in the world, it is overwhelming, but there is a way to feel a little peace every day. First we must be still...Updates from The Norris Family! Some may be news, some may be nonsense, and some we’ll leave up to you to decide!!
Wednesday, November 12, 2008
Be Still
I was sitting here staring at my blog, trying to decide what to write about to keep up my Gratitude Blogging Month. As I stared, my eyes focused in on the 6 Be's accessory. As some of you may know, my favorite of President Hinckley's "Be's" is not one of the original 6, but rather one of the 9 he included in his book. Be Still. To me there is such power in those two words. It never seems to fail that when I actually take the time to be still - which to me means time to listen, time to ponder, and the time to look around beyond myself at the world He has created - when I take the time to be still I am rewarded. I am rewarded with the ability to feel the spirit just a little bit more easily, to be just a little more patient, to be just a little more peaceful. When I think about the daily to do list, or about the things going on in the world, it is overwhelming, but there is a way to feel a little peace every day. First we must be still...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I really have to learn more how to "Be Still". I feel like there is so much going on around me and at the same time. Thanks for the reminder...
Post a Comment