I'm trying to figure out how to write what
I'm grateful for without sounding whiny at the same time... I guess a good way to put it is that I am grateful for my health. Today was a migraine day. I don't get them too often and it didn't start off too bad, just enough to make me feel fuzzy around the edges and slow. Luckily I have an intern that is extremely capable and is running most of my therapy groups. After lunch, it escalated and I actually walked out before I
embarrassed myself. Bethany, my intern carried on doing a fabulous job. After a half hour with my eyes closed, I returned and made it through the rest of the day. The thing that I am grateful for is that even though my migraines are extremely annoying, they're pretty short lived and don't happen very often. In between I live a fairly pain free life. So to those people who live with chronic pain, I salute you for your
resoluteness and cheerful attitudes in the face of pain. I personally tend to be fairly grouchy when I hurt so it is a good thing for the most part I'm healthy.
As of right now, it's almost gone and I can be fairly certain that a normal night's sleep will finish it off. Maybe Tim will rub my head - I think I'd take that over the idea in the cartoon! (Sorry my humor gets a little punchy when my head is fuzzy!)
2 comments:
I love your punchy humor! I hope you feel better tomorrow.
i feel bad- here I as asking you for help on Wed and you had a migraine!
Post a Comment