Is that weird?
Well it is for me.
Then I decided that maybe it's a good thing. Maybe I'm actually in a place where it doesn't have to be such a big deal. We are actually trying to simplify the whole gift giving aspect of Christmas this year.
Less gifts, more meaning...
Don't get me wrong - it's not that I am not going to decorate - that just wouldn't be Christmas. But maybe, just maybe, I'll enjoy the journey to Christmas a little more.
So here's a little tribute to the sights and sounds of Christmas. There is so much to be grateful for. Like enjoying the colors and textures of this photo, maybe the details and beauty of the season will shine through the crazy to-do list.
1 comment:
I was going to tell you about my new favorite book - its called debt-proof the holidays by Mary Hunt. Not that you're so much concerned with the dept-proof part but it is all about how to simplify, say no to commercialism of Christmas, and really have the kind of Christmas you want by focusing on what is truly meaningful and planning ahead. You can get it at hte library or come borrow my copy if you are interested. Gift ideas, activity ideas, I really loved it.
Post a Comment