Friday, November 27, 2009

Temples


Today there was no shopping. I actually slept! I woke up really early, but instead of not being able to go back to sleep, I actually did. It was almost 8 when I got up this morning. About noon Jarom, Robby and I and 4 of their friends headed off to the Oquirrh Mountain Temple to do baptisms. Apparently they had gotten busy at about 11:30 or so. When we got there just after 1 there were a lot of people there. So darn, we had to sit and wait. (that was sarcasm) I got to spend a couple of hours of my day just sitting and enjoying the peace and quiet of the temple. Watching the youth that were also there. I am amazed at them. I was a "good girl' when I was a teenager, but I don't think that I had the fire that the youth of today have. So many youth spending their day off from school at the temple!
About a week ago I was driving down Redwood Road at about 110th south. To my left was a clear view of the Draper Temple, to my right was the Oquirrh Mountain Temple, and in my rear view mirror was the Jordan River Temple. I am amazed at the view I have, literally living in the shadow of so many temples. I hope, and pray, that I never tire of that view.

1 comment:

Bethany said...

That's definitely one thing we really miss about Utah. We feel blessed to have a temple close enough still for a date night, though.