Is there anything worse than getting a cold in the summer time? It just seems to go against all of the rules of nature!
I spent Father's Day afternoon (while the boys were at church) at the instacare with Kayleen who has a cold but unfortunatley also has strep! The boys headed down to Grandma and Grandpa's for Father's Day Dinner and we hung out at home and had Top Ramen. I left her for a while for choir practice, but when I returned it was like all of my energy was gone! We laid around, watched Barbie, The Next Food Network Star, and some other shows that we dosed through.
Monday morning I woke up, felt a little weird but thought if I got up and walked I'd feel better. After my walk and swimming lessons with the kids I crawled back in my bed. I felt like I had been hit by a truck! The cough is one of those annoying little tickles in your chest but all my muscles hurt!!!
I'm trying to not complain so much when Tim is home so I tried to suck it up, but I don't think I did a bery good job. I did make French bread to go with the spaghetti (the recipe, by the way, makes 4 HUGE loaves, so tonight we are having French bread and... something)
Anyway - didn't sleep great, but not quite so achy today. Anyway - just had to complain because it is June and you just don't get sick in June.
Last week at Enrichment we were challenged to keep a gratitude journal. I haven't written in it every night but last night had this thought...
Lately I have felt like I have been on a roller coaster, sometimes going up and down so fast that I can't quite catch my breath. So I'm grateful for the ups, without them the downs would be unbearable.
2 comments:
roller coaster? eke. i can imagine that having a cold makes it worse.
smiles to you.
I'm so sorry you're sick, that's no fun. Hope you feel better soon.
Post a Comment