So much to blog about - hopefully I'll post some of the events of the last month over the next week or so. I've only missed - Kayleen's birthday, Temple Celebration, Awards Ceremonies, Fun run, School program, Dance Recital... and I'm sure much more!
But the event I'll start with is our trip to the Oquirrh Mountain Temple open house. It is a wonderful thing to be in the temple with your entire family. Even if is not yet dedicated, it still has such a powerful feeling.
Tim and I started the day as volunteers. We thought we would be inside the temple, bt were assigned to one of the tents outside. Through wind, sun, and rain we got to be one of the first to greet people as they arrived for their tours. I would listen as the movie played and knew it was time to get ready to open the doors on the other side when I would hear Elder Holland's voice as he talked about how he could not imagine a heaven without his wife. It just wouldn't be Heaven. I hope that I can do what I need to in this life to ensure that I can have that heaven also.
When we arrived home we had a quick lunch and then got the kids ready to return for our own tour Kayleen was being a little whiny (I know, a 9 year old girl whiny? Hard to imagine...) and as I was doing her hair I started to sing "I Love to See the Temple". It took a couple of run throughs, but by the time we were done with the second time, she was singing with me and her whole attitude had changed. That is the power of the spirit of the temple.
As part of the tour we got to stop in the sealing room. They had a couple there waiting to share their testimony and we were priveleged to have our own bishop and his wife there! What an amazing spirit they have. I'm grateful to have such a loving and in tune man as our bishop!
I do love to see the temple and am so grateful that we live in a place where we are blessed to have 3 temples within 30 minutes! I can't imagine what my life would be like without the temple - or maybe I can... It's not a pretty picture. I count my blessings to have the gospel in my life and the blessings of the temple as part of who I am.
3 comments:
How neat to take your whole family through. I know I could do the same but I don't know how well a temple tour would go with my two-year-old. Oh and you're right about bishop jensen. He really is such a great person. I'm not even in your ward anymore but when I see him I can't help but smile.
(Glad you're posting)
What an amazing experience! Love temple open houses!;)
what a blessing. the boys love to see the Temple when we pass by and on a clear day we can see the spires of the Temple on my way to work. oh, elder holland is speaking to us in july...it will be interesting to hear what he says on Temples.
Post a Comment