Sunday, September 28, 2008

Reflections on Fall (and RS!)

The air changes, the briskness awakens my senses, rejuvenates me with energy and spirit. I love to wrap myself in warm sweaters and cozy blankets. Fall reminds me of my Heavenly Father, wakening my spirit, breathing rejuvenation into my steps, reminding me to draw long breaths and enjoy the clarity of the air, at the same time adding clarity to my thoughts and actions. He then wraps me in his cozy spirit, the very arms of his love. Fall reminds me of the majesty of my Heavenly Father’s creations, as he colors the world in warm, rich colors. It inspires me to surround myself in those things that are warm and rich, beautiful colors, wonderful smells, laughing voices, and the comfort and the closeness of family and friends. Fall reminds me of who I am.




On another note, I LOVED Pres. Uchtdorf's message last night at the General Relief Society Meeting. Sometimes there are messages that seem to touch you at your deepest levels, and that is what his did for me last night. I've been thinking that I needed something and had kind of come to the conclusion that I was just doing my daily routine and I needed something to work on and his message reaffirmed that for me! If you missed it make sure you get online and watch it. You can read it too, but for me watching is more effective. Or I recorded it and would be happy to share!!

4 comments:

Faasuamanu and Melinda Toilolo said...

Have I told you lately>>>> that I love your GUTS!!!! no for reals, I do..

Annalisa said...

I liked his quote "Start small, create a smile." Thanks for the post, it made me smile.

heather said...

I came home from that feeling so encouraged. What are my talents? How can I create new and work on ones that I already have? Such an inspiring message where really it could have been an overwhelming one but it was done in such a way where it just made you want to try harder. Thanks for posting about it.

Jen said...

I dido all that you said. I love the fall too because it just seems like a time when you are closer to your family. Its a good preparation time for the new year and reflecting on how we can be better. I just always have Pres. Hinkley's words in my head "We can always do a little better." Something to that effect anyway. Its just a good time to reflect.