Somehow I feel like someone should be marking this momentous occasion. Today we had the opportunity to baptize our baby girl. Our last child has now entered into those sacred covenants. She was able to share the occasion with what Tim affectionately calls a "baptism buddy", Kelsy Robinson.
The experience was a wonderful one. I loved, after my three boys, having a daughter to get ready and to meet at the door freshly baptized. I loved being the first one to hold her and to talk to her. She was so sweet today!! She sang with her two friends, Kate and Brienna, a song about her baptism day, and her whole heart was in it! Kelsy sang with her Mom and it was so touching to see her sweet confidence and that Mother/Daughter bond. At the end of the program, They both bore their testimonies and the word that Bro. Owens used to describe these two girls was purity. We see purity so seldom in this convoluted world, that it fills a place in your heart when you do. I was particularly touched in each confirmation. As each girl's father pronounced this gift upon her, I could feel the physical filling of the spirit entering the room and these two beautiful girls. Words cannot describe, but I am grateful for it. At times the busy world makes it hard to feel or hear, so I am grateful for the occasions that remind me.
Thanks you Kayleen for your beautiful spirit. I am so grateful to be your Mom!






8 comments:
I'm probably not the person who should be commenting on your post first because I'm going to drive the sweet spirit you created away. I wanted to apologize for not coming...I realize you probably didn't notice; however, I wanted to say that I was thinking about you and not coming for your own good and here is why. I woke up at 9 am to Brylie semi-crying after a deep deep sleep in Edward land and thought the baptism was at 9am. I then proceeded to get breakfast ready and clean the house when I thought to check the e-mail again. Indeed it said 12 pm and as I looked at the computer clock it was 11:55 am. Brylie and I were not ready, Josh was at drill this weekend, and Brylie also had thrown herself on the floor several times doing her best impression of "I'm teething, just give me the drugs!" It was for your own good that the Gygi's did not attend such a special event. I'm glad you had so much fun and I wish I could have been there to watch. I can't imagine what it is like to baptize a child! Congratulations you to all!
Although our children can bring the spirit with their sweetness, sometimes they make the spirit very hard to hear!!! The joys and challenges of being a Mom. I know you were thining of us - Thanks Jen!
I thought the baptism was extra cute! Thanks for letting me come!
how very wonderful. congrats! smiles!!
Kristin - What a special day. I am so sorry I couldn't be there. I was thinking about you and Kayleen all afternoon. I was still doing some running around following my big Youth Conf. service project on Friday. Congratulations to Kayleen and to her wonderful mom!
It sounds like it was a wonderful day. Congrats on your last baptism in your family!
What a sweet tribute to Kayleen. The baptism was beautiful, as were you and Kayleen. Love you both.
Thanks for letting me "crash" yet another one of your spectacular outings. I appologize Kylie was such a bum at the baptism. Kayleen was beautiful and she has such an amazing sweet spirit about her. You are an amazing mom!! Sorry about the cheeto cake mess.. my daughter is lame-o.. I love you and your little family too!!
Post a Comment