I have these adorable little nephews! Lincoln is 5,
and Hari is 3
Unfortunately they live in California and we don't get to see them very often. When they were really little I got to babysit them all the time. They pulled up in front of our house last Thursday morning at 7am after driving all night and Lincoln, the 5 year old said to his Mom and Dad "This house makes me smile!" You have to love that!
They wanted to do everything that the older cousins did. Including playing in the water. Hari (3) was actually the first one to get in the river (with no adult near by!) I picked him up and gave him a great big hug. It was really hot and his cold little body felt great! Of course he wasn't as excited about his Aunt Kristin holding him after he just fell in the river! 
But my very favorite quote came on our hike up to the Wind Cave. Lincoln and Hari were troopers and made it up and back! On the way back I passed Hari up on his Dad's shoulders, patted his cheek and said "Hari, you are so cute!" and kept walking. Then I hear this cute little voice calling after me, "You are so cute too!" I had to stop for a moment. It made my whole day!!!
Geoff and Anna - you are pretty lucky that you actually made it back home with your boys, because we were all ready to sneak them home in our bags!!!
and Hari is 3
Unfortunately they live in California and we don't get to see them very often. When they were really little I got to babysit them all the time. They pulled up in front of our house last Thursday morning at 7am after driving all night and Lincoln, the 5 year old said to his Mom and Dad "This house makes me smile!" You have to love that!
They wanted to do everything that the older cousins did. Including playing in the water. Hari (3) was actually the first one to get in the river (with no adult near by!) I picked him up and gave him a great big hug. It was really hot and his cold little body felt great! Of course he wasn't as excited about his Aunt Kristin holding him after he just fell in the river! 
But my very favorite quote came on our hike up to the Wind Cave. Lincoln and Hari were troopers and made it up and back! On the way back I passed Hari up on his Dad's shoulders, patted his cheek and said "Hari, you are so cute!" and kept walking. Then I hear this cute little voice calling after me, "You are so cute too!" I had to stop for a moment. It made my whole day!!!
Geoff and Anna - you are pretty lucky that you actually made it back home with your boys, because we were all ready to sneak them home in our bags!!!
2 comments:
thanks for that. the trip was worth it and didn't mind the drive at all. and i'm sure glad you loved the boys. with hari & linc gaining personalities and talking more its fun to interact with them and they do miss their cousins. hari saw spencer's photo and said "that's spencer, i like that kid. he's my buddy." miss you already. i say we do it again next summer.
It's hard when nieces and nephews live so far away. They are really cute...and you too. BTW, your house makes me smile too.
Post a Comment