So today was a different sort of first day of school for us. Jarom is taking early morning seminary this year (something that we groaned and complained about as a teenager and now he is doing it willingly!!) so we have to leave the house at 6:30 to get him there! So Jarom and I left at 6:30 and then I headed to work after dropping him off. As I was leaving Robby was getting up to get ready for his first day of Middle School!! He got himself ready and then headed out to catch the bus. He took us on a tour of his classes last night and he is excited to start! As Robby was leaving, Tim and the other two kids got up and got ready for school. In the past they have always gone to school with me, but 7am is just tou early for them to hang out in my office. So Tim brought them to school this morning. About 8:10 I realized that I wasn't even going to see my youngest 2 before they started their new school year, so I hung around outside until they got to school so that I could give them a quick hug before they rushed off!! 3 shifts but we all made it! No pictures this morning - was going to try for this afternoon But... I'm sure I'll make up for it taking a zillion pictures on another day!!
Post script (added the next morning...)
So when you see me this year and my eyes are glazed and I look a little frantic - just know that its normal and I only have nine months to go until next summer vacation!
2 comments:
9 months till summer vacation...let's focus on thanksgiving break...hurray! short term goals are my favorite.
Our family has a new schedule for school too this year. Brylie and I leave the house at 6 am so I can drop her off and make it to work by 7 am. We practiced all summer long because Josh has to be to work at 6 am. So now I get to take the child to day care! Yay for me and yay for early bed times!
Post a Comment