Friday, February 13, 2009

Friday the 13th!!

Spencer turns 10 today and he has the distinction of having his birthday on Friday the 13th this year along with the Valentine's celebrations at school. He'd rather not have his Birthday associated with Valentine's so we decided to play up the Friday the 13th theme! You have to love iron-ons! We made him this t-shirt to wear to school.

We have decided that Friday the 13th is a lucky day in our house! Grandpa Hall's birthday fell on the 13th of the month along with 2 of his siblings. Spencer also has an Aunt and an Uncle with birthday's on the 13th! Ironically, I had 3 of my 4 kids on Friday and Spencer was the only one not born on Friday. He was born on Saturday. He was also my only child born with the aid of an epidural and he came into the world with his mother laughing (I couldn't believe I was actually having a baby because it didn't hurt!). I think that laughter transferred to Spencer because he has the most amazing smile. He certainly knows how to melt my heart!
Happy Birthday Spencer!!

8 comments:

Jaqui said...

Happy Birthday Spencer!

Heather said...

My sister's birthday is today too! All of my sisters and I have 3s in our birthdays (2 on the
13th, one on the 23rd, and one on the 30th). I've always considered Friday the 13th a lucky day because my birthday is on the 13th of May and it's usually the best birthday I have! No superstitions around here!

Heather said...

It's my sister's birthday today too! All of my sisters and I have 3 in our birthdays (2 with 13, one with 23, and one with 30)! I always consider Friday the 13th a lucky day-I've had the best birthdays on that day!

Traci said...

Happy Birthday Spencer!. Laughing during labor. I wish my epidural would have worked like that! Here's hoping this next time is better.

heather said...

Happy Birthday!

So does this mean that you went natural the other times? You need to fill me in on how it went. I'm considering such things.

Annalisa said...

happy birthday spencer. smiles!!

Marianne said...

I can't believe Spencer is already 10! I remember being his primary teacher and he was just a cute little boy who didn't want to come! (I love your background, by the way!)

Jarom said...

I still say Fri. the 13th is Unlucky, but I have no tangible proof. Only the evil spirits whose presense is obvious... >:)
Sorry, I like to learn about mythology and pretend to believe it too.
Happy Birthday Spencer!