Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Neighbor Gifts - blogger style



The tradition of neighbor gifts has long been debated. I always seems to worry and stress about what to do and try to get it done early so that I can "cross it off my list." This year, although I had them prepared early, we did not deliver them until this week. We had a great time driving through the neighborhood dropping things by and even caroling to a few (what a treat for them - ha!) For me personally, the tradition of neighbor gifts is sometimes the one chance I tkae during the year to just say hey! We are grateful that you are part of our lives! I love answering the door and seeing the smiling faces, taking a few minutes to chat and knowing that I have such wonderful friends and neighbors. The people on the list seem to change each year, but I love the chance to reach out and take a moment in what so often is a crazy season and remember the friends that make living here wonderful. I know that I have been touched by the many friendships that I have made and sometimes am surpirsed at the number of people that count me as a friend too - (I know, I often have self esteem issues...) So to my many friends that live in my computer (see cartoon at the end of linked post) Merry Christmas and please consider yourself visited and gifted -

2 comments:

Jaqui said...

Singing and all (don't laugh), it was the highlight of my night. It was good to see you even if it was only for a minute. Merry Christmas!

Tiffany said...

It's so good to hear that my family aren't the only ones that go caroling! Hope you have a merry Christmas!